I wanted to do something special to celebrate the girls starting school. This past Sunday we had a fancy dinner for them. Kevin took the girls out to run some errands while I got everything ready. They had no idea what they were in for when they got home.
I decorated the dining room with streamers, balloons and flowers from outside. I got out a nice tablecloth, cloth napkins and our china to set the table. For dinner I went with the girls' absolute favorite- sprinkle pancakes, eggs and sausage. I also made a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert. To complete the party, I got out two of their princess dresses and tiaras and Kevin and I also got dressed up. Everything was all set when they came home!
Kevin had the girls put their princess dresses on before they came in the house and they were so curious and excited about what was going on. Then Kevin and Andrew escorted each of the girls into the house and to the table where they giggled and smiled incessantly while peppering me with questions about where I got the plates, napkins and teacups. They were in heaven! It was so cute.
We had an awesome dinner eating pancakes, drinking chocolate milk out of teacups and talking about school. This is definitely a tradition I plan on doing every year before school starts.
I decorated the dining room with streamers, balloons and flowers from outside. I got out a nice tablecloth, cloth napkins and our china to set the table. For dinner I went with the girls' absolute favorite- sprinkle pancakes, eggs and sausage. I also made a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert. To complete the party, I got out two of their princess dresses and tiaras and Kevin and I also got dressed up. Everything was all set when they came home!
Kevin had the girls put their princess dresses on before they came in the house and they were so curious and excited about what was going on. Then Kevin and Andrew escorted each of the girls into the house and to the table where they giggled and smiled incessantly while peppering me with questions about where I got the plates, napkins and teacups. They were in heaven! It was so cute.
We had an awesome dinner eating pancakes, drinking chocolate milk out of teacups and talking about school. This is definitely a tradition I plan on doing every year before school starts.
Comments
Post a Comment