Since the girls started ballet earlier this year they have talked nonstop about The Nutcracker. They've read countless books with different versions of the story and listened to the music. We even found the ballet on TV one day and they sat and watched the entire thing without moving the entire time. They were so anxious to go see it in person.
Kevin and I took the girls along with my sister and parents to see the ballet studio's performance of The Nutcracker right before Christmas. The girls were so excited to get dressed up and go to the auditorium at RCC. They were asking so many questions on the way there and as we got ready for the show to begin. They wanted to know where all the dancers wait, who tells them where to go, when they practice and on and on. It was very cute that they were concerned about the logistics of the performance. When the music started and the curtain went up they were mesmerized. They intently followed along and my sister and I even caught Olivia copying the arm movements of the dancers at one point. They absolutely loved it and are still talking about it!
We listen to the music over and over again (thanks Aunt Mary for the CD collection), practice often and play with their Nutcracker ballet Barbie's to re-tell the story. We've had more conversations than I'd like to admit about the Mouse King, sleigh and Clara. Olivia has already said she wants to be Clara and Lucy wants to be the Sugar Plum Fairy. I love my little ballerinas!
Kevin and I took the girls along with my sister and parents to see the ballet studio's performance of The Nutcracker right before Christmas. The girls were so excited to get dressed up and go to the auditorium at RCC. They were asking so many questions on the way there and as we got ready for the show to begin. They wanted to know where all the dancers wait, who tells them where to go, when they practice and on and on. It was very cute that they were concerned about the logistics of the performance. When the music started and the curtain went up they were mesmerized. They intently followed along and my sister and I even caught Olivia copying the arm movements of the dancers at one point. They absolutely loved it and are still talking about it!
We listen to the music over and over again (thanks Aunt Mary for the CD collection), practice often and play with their Nutcracker ballet Barbie's to re-tell the story. We've had more conversations than I'd like to admit about the Mouse King, sleigh and Clara. Olivia has already said she wants to be Clara and Lucy wants to be the Sugar Plum Fairy. I love my little ballerinas!
Comments
Post a Comment