Life is crazy! I imagine some day when all 3 kids are in school and activities this will seem like a piece of cake, but for now it seems like our weekday schedule is already packed.
Mondays get us back in the routine. I drop all the kids off at my parents and go to work. My parents get them breakfast and drop the girls at school. After school they pick them up and get them through most, if not all, of their homework. By the time I pick them up and we get home it's time to make dinner, baths, stories and bed. Not so bad to start the week.
Tuesdays start the craziness. Same school routine except I pick the kids up from my parents and head straight up to their 1 hour ballet class. Andrew and I hang out in the lobby and he entertains the receptionist and the other moms. After class, we head home to get in a quick dinner before finishing any homework, getting baths and ready for the next day before bed.
Wednesdays the girls have minimum day at school. So my parents squeeze in a trip to the library too. Then the girls head off to religion class at Church with my mom while my dad watches Andrew until I get there. We hang out in the church parking lot until class is over. Then it's home just in time for a quick dinner etc.
Thursdays are the same as Tuesdays- school-homework-ballet-dinner
Fridays are the best. School and no homework. We're all more than ready for the weekend by the time it arrives each week.
As much I say this is craziness, I wouldn't change it. I get some one-on-one time with Andrew, the girls are doing activities that they really enjoy, and it's forced me to be more on top of meal planning and getting things ready the night before. Kevin's been amazingly helpful at planning/prepping meals when he gets home before us and the kids do a lot of prep to make things easier too. And obviously, none of this would be possible without the help of my parents.
Mondays get us back in the routine. I drop all the kids off at my parents and go to work. My parents get them breakfast and drop the girls at school. After school they pick them up and get them through most, if not all, of their homework. By the time I pick them up and we get home it's time to make dinner, baths, stories and bed. Not so bad to start the week.
Tuesdays start the craziness. Same school routine except I pick the kids up from my parents and head straight up to their 1 hour ballet class. Andrew and I hang out in the lobby and he entertains the receptionist and the other moms. After class, we head home to get in a quick dinner before finishing any homework, getting baths and ready for the next day before bed.
Wednesdays the girls have minimum day at school. So my parents squeeze in a trip to the library too. Then the girls head off to religion class at Church with my mom while my dad watches Andrew until I get there. We hang out in the church parking lot until class is over. Then it's home just in time for a quick dinner etc.
Thursdays are the same as Tuesdays- school-homework-ballet-dinner
Fridays are the best. School and no homework. We're all more than ready for the weekend by the time it arrives each week.
As much I say this is craziness, I wouldn't change it. I get some one-on-one time with Andrew, the girls are doing activities that they really enjoy, and it's forced me to be more on top of meal planning and getting things ready the night before. Kevin's been amazingly helpful at planning/prepping meals when he gets home before us and the kids do a lot of prep to make things easier too. And obviously, none of this would be possible without the help of my parents.
Comments
Post a Comment