We survived! So night 2 was fantastic! Andrew was exhausted by 7 so I put him to bed before he really went potty 1 more time. We woke him up around 9:30 so he could try but he wasn't interested. He went back to bed until 7:45 this morning. He was dry when he woke up! I put him right on the potty and he went. It was a great start to the day.
The rest of the day surely wasn't perfect but it was better than yesterday so that's a win. After lunch he finally started saying "pee pee" either when he had to go or when he had started going. Finally!! We had quite a few successes today and still a few accidents but overall he is going a lot less. His little body is figuring out how to hold it and how everything works. His nap was dry but he did wet right as we got in there to get him up (that's our fault- I was enjoying a nap of my own and Kevin was watching football). I definitely feel like we're close and I know he'll get it with some more time and consistency.
I'm so proud of Andrew. He's been such a good sport about this. He missed his sisters so much and asked about them a few times over the weekend. Boy was he excited when they got back tonight and they ran and played together.
Tomorrow is my last day off with him. As frustrating and exhausting as this has been it was also so fun to just set everything aside for this time and focus on him every minute he was awake. We played, read, cuddled, danced, ran and had so much fun together. I'm lucky I got to spend this special time with him. I love being there to experience these milestones with him. Ready to enjoy tomorrow.
The rest of the day surely wasn't perfect but it was better than yesterday so that's a win. After lunch he finally started saying "pee pee" either when he had to go or when he had started going. Finally!! We had quite a few successes today and still a few accidents but overall he is going a lot less. His little body is figuring out how to hold it and how everything works. His nap was dry but he did wet right as we got in there to get him up (that's our fault- I was enjoying a nap of my own and Kevin was watching football). I definitely feel like we're close and I know he'll get it with some more time and consistency.
I'm so proud of Andrew. He's been such a good sport about this. He missed his sisters so much and asked about them a few times over the weekend. Boy was he excited when they got back tonight and they ran and played together.
Tomorrow is my last day off with him. As frustrating and exhausting as this has been it was also so fun to just set everything aside for this time and focus on him every minute he was awake. We played, read, cuddled, danced, ran and had so much fun together. I'm lucky I got to spend this special time with him. I love being there to experience these milestones with him. Ready to enjoy tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment