Andrew has started this new thing that I absolutely adore and hope he never stops doing. When it's time for bed he gets his lovie and puts his thumb in his mouth. I scoop him up and he gives kisses to Daddy and the girls before we go to his room. Usually we'll read a story and then turn the lights out and cuddle for prayers. For the last week or so he has anticipated when I am at the last sentence of prayers. Just as I say the last few words he pulls his thumb out of his mouth, gets the biggest smile on his face, grabs around the back of my head and pulls me in for a kiss on the lips with impeccable timing as I say the last word. Afterward he gives me one more big grin, puts his thumb back in his mouth and snuggles up with his lovie as I lay him in his crib. It's the perfect ending to the day.
Comments
Post a Comment