I couldn't think of a good title for this post so that will have to do for now.
Just a quick crazy/scary Lucy story. The kids and I were in Arizona for the weekend (more on that another time). Monday morning the girls got up and were playing on the iPad when Andrew and I got up. I went to go get Andrew some milk and left him to check out what the girls were doing. All of a sudden I heard a terrifying scream like I've never heard before. I ran over to the couch where the girls were and saw Lucy clutching her right eye and writhing in pain. She was screaming over and over and told me that Andrew hit her in the eye with the TV remote. I checked her eye and then told her I was going to get an ice pack but before I could even turn around Lucy's arms dropped to her side and her eyes closed. She went limp. I immediately started saying her name and Olivia was so confused she started laughing. I guess she thought Lucy was pretending and so did I for a second. I went to pick Lucy up and that's when I realized she had passed out. After a few seconds she woke up with big wide eyes and arms straight at her side. I asked her what happened and she said she must have fallen asleep. Then I knew for sure she had passed out and it freaked me out even more. She thought she was going to throw up so we rushed to the bathroom but she ended up being fine after a few minutes. After some breakfast and rest she was perfectly fine and energetic the rest of the day. My stomach was in knots all day though. It was terrifying and afterwards so many what ifs went through my head.
Olivia seemed pretty unfazed by the whole thing. When she realized Lucy was awake and fine she went right back to the iPad like nothing had happened (typical Olivia style). Andrew was pretty taken aback though. I think for once he truly understood that he had hurt Lucy and just stood next to us during the whole incident and then when I sat him in the chair to get him out of the way he didn't move until I came to give him his milk quite awhile later.
I'm still not sure exactly what happened and I'm definitely going to talk to the Dr. about it next time we're in the office. Nothing has happened like this before or since so I'm hoping it's a totally freak incident. My only thoughts are that maybe she has a really low pain tolerance or the screaming somehow caused her blood pressure to spike or she held her breath which led to the passing out. It was crazy and I really hope it doesn't happen again.
Just a quick crazy/scary Lucy story. The kids and I were in Arizona for the weekend (more on that another time). Monday morning the girls got up and were playing on the iPad when Andrew and I got up. I went to go get Andrew some milk and left him to check out what the girls were doing. All of a sudden I heard a terrifying scream like I've never heard before. I ran over to the couch where the girls were and saw Lucy clutching her right eye and writhing in pain. She was screaming over and over and told me that Andrew hit her in the eye with the TV remote. I checked her eye and then told her I was going to get an ice pack but before I could even turn around Lucy's arms dropped to her side and her eyes closed. She went limp. I immediately started saying her name and Olivia was so confused she started laughing. I guess she thought Lucy was pretending and so did I for a second. I went to pick Lucy up and that's when I realized she had passed out. After a few seconds she woke up with big wide eyes and arms straight at her side. I asked her what happened and she said she must have fallen asleep. Then I knew for sure she had passed out and it freaked me out even more. She thought she was going to throw up so we rushed to the bathroom but she ended up being fine after a few minutes. After some breakfast and rest she was perfectly fine and energetic the rest of the day. My stomach was in knots all day though. It was terrifying and afterwards so many what ifs went through my head.
Olivia seemed pretty unfazed by the whole thing. When she realized Lucy was awake and fine she went right back to the iPad like nothing had happened (typical Olivia style). Andrew was pretty taken aback though. I think for once he truly understood that he had hurt Lucy and just stood next to us during the whole incident and then when I sat him in the chair to get him out of the way he didn't move until I came to give him his milk quite awhile later.
I'm still not sure exactly what happened and I'm definitely going to talk to the Dr. about it next time we're in the office. Nothing has happened like this before or since so I'm hoping it's a totally freak incident. My only thoughts are that maybe she has a really low pain tolerance or the screaming somehow caused her blood pressure to spike or she held her breath which led to the passing out. It was crazy and I really hope it doesn't happen again.
Comments
Post a Comment