Well, we're 2 days in to this and there's no turning back. I would love to say he's getting it and we're so close, but honestly we're not. There is progress, don't get me wrong. It's just slower than I'd hoped for. I'd have to say at the end of today we're about half way there. Here's how it's been going.
Day 1:
Thankfully the girls have been spending the weekend at Nana's. We couldn't be more thankful that we have family close by to help balance things for a crazy weekend like this. Of course I decided to do this on the weekend where the girls had a PTA fundraiser last night, ballet today and Kevin had a work event. So we'll see. Please send me all your extra prayers and patience and for Andrew to finally completely get it.
Day 1:
- lots of accidents
- also some successes
- he could care less about the excitement and praise when he was succesful
- he likes his Mickey Mouse panties and was always sad when they got wet but super excited to put new ones on
- he was more emotional about the whole thing than I expected
- when Kevin got home and I tried to do some laundry and some other things he got super clingy to me
- Andrew and I were both exhausted from all the running back and forth
- woke up from his nap dry
- dry all night until sometime between 5-6 in the morning
- fewer accidents
- more successes
- pulled out the stickers which he seems more into than the praise
- still not verbalizing when he has to go but will stop what he's doing and look at me and start walking toward the potty (usually as he's peeing down his legs)
- he gets frustrated with me saying "tell Mommy when you have to go potty" a million times a day
- was dry for his entire nap
- we're both exhausted again and admittedly a little frustrated
Thankfully the girls have been spending the weekend at Nana's. We couldn't be more thankful that we have family close by to help balance things for a crazy weekend like this. Of course I decided to do this on the weekend where the girls had a PTA fundraiser last night, ballet today and Kevin had a work event. So we'll see. Please send me all your extra prayers and patience and for Andrew to finally completely get it.
Comments
Post a Comment