Skip to main content

Andrew Thinks He's Already Two

Just a quick update. Andrew has been in Pull ups now since Friday and he is still telling us when he has to go potty and having success. Seems like he wants to keep up the potty training, at least at our house.

In other news, he's in full on terrible two's... and he's not even two yet. He is testing the limits with "no" to everything, tantrums, hitting and throwing. Ignoring him seems to be the most successful so far. His favorite go-to the past couple of days is laying down on the ground in defiance. When we left my parents on Friday night we got outside and then he decided he didn't want to go so he lay on their front porch while the girls and I loaded up the car. He didn't want to go back inside and he didn't want to go home. He finally caved when we all got in the car like we were leaving. This evening he asked for water and when I got that ready he threw himself on the floor yelling, "No water." Then he asked for milk so I switched gears and started getting him milk and again he threw himself on the floor yelling, "No milk." I just ignored him while he cried on the floor for a few minutes and then finally got up to pick between the water and milk cups I had ready for him. It's ridiculous. We're really hoping he gets over this quickly.

Comments