Long story short, we're giving it a break. Andrew knows what to do and is pretty good at home for me and Kevin. He is dry most nights and naps at our house. But, and this is a big but, he refuses to cooperate with the program for Grandma and Grandpa. I don't know why he resists it so much over there or if he's just not interested unless he's at home, but it was wearing them down and that wasn't worth it to us. The last thing I want is Andrew dreading going to Grandma and Grandpa's house because of all this. He was starting to act out at their house by hitting and throwing which I'm sure was his way of venting frustration. I just don't understand how he can be terrible about using the potty all day at their house, come home and ask to go potty, do his thing and then be dry all night just to do it all wrong the next day at their house again. It baffles us all. Rather than continue to push it and have them deal with the bad behavior we're going to go to Pull-Ups for at least 30 days but maybe longer. We're still going to operate like he has undies on and not push the potty but offer it as an option. I'm hoping the break will help him and more importantly relieve some of the pressure (no pun intended) on my parents. Who knows if this is the right call or not. This may even make it harder in the future, who knows. I think in the long run this will be better for everyone though. At this point I'm not too worried since it was so early to do this in the first place. I don't regret doing it though because now I know he can do it and we've set some habits/expectations of everything. So that's that for now.
So to Andrew, when you read this some day, thanks for keeping us on our toes, reminding us (mostly me) that not everything goes smoothly/perfectly the first time, and pushing our patience to the limits. The fact that you are so different than your sisters reminds us daily that you will do things in your own way and we appreciate that. Hang in there little man.
So to Andrew, when you read this some day, thanks for keeping us on our toes, reminding us (mostly me) that not everything goes smoothly/perfectly the first time, and pushing our patience to the limits. The fact that you are so different than your sisters reminds us daily that you will do things in your own way and we appreciate that. Hang in there little man.
Comments
Post a Comment