I can't believe we are already 1/3 of the way through 1st Grade! Right before Thanksgiving we had parent teacher conferences and got the girls' report cards. They are doing amazing! The teacher just loves them and said they are always willing to help, love to learn and are well behaved. Their reading and writing in Spanish astounded us. There hadn't been too much writing in their homework up until this point so when we saw their writing samples with neat handwriting, proper punctuation, accent marks and correct spelling we were pleasantly surprised. They are right where they should be with their math, reading and writing. The teacher said everything will start getting harder (and we've already seen that on the homework) but the girls don't seem fazed by it in the least. We are so proud of them and how quickly they adapt to everything and just excel.
I even had to use Lucy to translate to a lady who was lost at Church the other day. The lady couldn't believe that I couldn't speak Spanish but Lucy could. It was so cute to see them converse. Such a proud Mama moment.
I even had to use Lucy to translate to a lady who was lost at Church the other day. The lady couldn't believe that I couldn't speak Spanish but Lucy could. It was so cute to see them converse. Such a proud Mama moment.
Comments
Post a Comment