I dropped the girls off at school, Andrew off with Grandpa & Grandma and then went home to work on a little birthday surprise. I re-did the girls room with new bedding, pillows, curtains, art and some re-arranging. It turned out so cute! I still need a few more things for their walls but all-in-all I love the way it turned out. It was time for a change from the princess motif.
As soon as I finished and squeezed in a quick nap (I was also sick all week), I picked up some colorful cupcakes and headed over to celebrate with their class. They sang them Happy Birthday in English & Spanish and it was very cute.
I brought along a few presents to take to my parents' house where we were staying for dinner. They got these adorable ballerina music boxes, ballerina necklaces and ballerina tshirts from Natalia & Kyle.
Then, after a yummy In n Out dinner, my mom sent the girls on a scavenger hunt around the house to find their present. They had a series of clues that they had to solve in order to find their presents. It was so fun to watch! At the end they found 2 envelopes with Disneyland tickets inside!! They were ecstatic and could hardly believe it when I told them we were skipping school the next day and going.
We came home and opened a few more presents including some books, clothes, super hero dress-up set and a light-up disco-type ball.
I told them there was one more present in their room and they could not believe it! They absolutely loved their new room and immediately wanted to test it out. Watching the kids have a good birthday is so much more exciting than my own birthday these days.
It was a great 7th birthday for 2 very deserving little duckies. They are growing up fast but it's so fun to watch. Love you, duckies!!
Comments
Post a Comment