Andrew considers himself the same age as his sisters. I'm fairly certain he thinks he's 6, almost 7 and can do whatever his sisters do. His vocabulary and speech is ridiculous for a 2 year old. He wants to understand everything and doesn't take no for an answer, usually. Some of his latest antics:
- "What's that smell?" about 20 times a day
- Must try every food that anyone else is eating. "Can I have some?" repeated over and over again as soon as he hears the refrigerator, cupboard or any bag or box open
- "Can I make?" - wants to help me make breakfast/lunch/dinner and grabs a chair and pulls it over to the counter
- Insists on preparing his own food (peeling bananas and oranges, spreading pb, cutting meat etc)
- Counts in English and sometimes in Spanish
- Recognizes letters and numbers (spells "stop" at every stop sign ("S-O-P Stop")
- Story from Grandma's house: "He was sitting by me writing while I ate and said he was writing his name. I said "A-N" and he pipes in "D-R-E-W"!! He is amazing!
- Knows his shapes
- Loves to dance and regularly requests we put on Pandora instead of a TV show
- Tells knock-knock jokes ("Knock-knock. Who's there? ___________ " inserts anything random and then starts over)
- Heard Great Grandma say once that she doesn't like the overhead light on because it hurts her eyes so now every time someone turns a light on he says, "Can turn light off? Hurts my eyes!" and squints them closed.
- So sweet to Great Grandma. One day she wasn't feeling well and in bed. He went in and patted her blanket, brought her a teddy bear and asked if she wanted her lovey.
- Asks every day to go to Church or "Our Father", as he calls it. But when we're at Church he freely (and loudly) proclaims "All done Our Father. Time go home!", much to everyone around us' amusement.
- Wants to go to school with his sisters
- Asks all the time to go to the bathroom, especially when we're out in public. I think he just wants to check out all the public restrooms, much to my dismay
Comments
Post a Comment