Olivia & Lucy received Super Student awards at the last assembly for excellence in reading. The extra special thing about this award is that it honors their reading in Spanish. The girls have really come far with their reading this year. The words that they fly through during their homework and reading assignments are amazing and now they sometimes have to correct me when I read them something. That didn't take long!
Their teacher sent me a really nice note telling me about their awards and inviting me to the assembly and saying how proud of them she is. They have reading groups in their classroom that are classified by color. The other day the girls were telling me a story about one of the reading groups and I asked what color they are in. They said they are in the Blue group and then when I asked what the colors mean they said Blue is the top group. I asked who else is in their group and the other 3-4 kids in their group are all native Spanish speakers. I was floored. These girls continually amaze me and they make it look so effortless.
The girls also were honored for getting their 100 miles of running for 100 Mile Club. They loved doing it this year and are my new Mt. Rubidoux hiking buddies. Love these smart girls!
Their teacher sent me a really nice note telling me about their awards and inviting me to the assembly and saying how proud of them she is. They have reading groups in their classroom that are classified by color. The other day the girls were telling me a story about one of the reading groups and I asked what color they are in. They said they are in the Blue group and then when I asked what the colors mean they said Blue is the top group. I asked who else is in their group and the other 3-4 kids in their group are all native Spanish speakers. I was floored. These girls continually amaze me and they make it look so effortless.
| It was also crazy hair day which explains the random hair styles/bows |
The girls also were honored for getting their 100 miles of running for 100 Mile Club. They loved doing it this year and are my new Mt. Rubidoux hiking buddies. Love these smart girls!
Comments
Post a Comment