The girls got their expanders last week and are being such troopers about the whole thing. They did great during the appointment and the Orthodonti$t was very impressed with how well-behaved and brave they were for the whole thing. I was very proud of them. They were uncomfortable, in pain and had difficulty eating and talking for the first two days. Day three the pain subsided and they started eating more and Olivia really got the hang of talking with them. Lucy is adjusting but her speech is a little more slurred still. They seem to not even really care about them now. We'll see how it goes in 2 months when they have to go get them adjusted again.
Now that they really got a hang of the expanders, tomorrow they get 6 baby teeth pulled - EACH. I'm hoping this will be even easier than the molars they had pulled last year. That wasn't too bad (for me at least) but that was before they really understood what all extractions entailed. Now they remember and, Olivia especially, are nervous about the whole thing. Kevin and I are both going to go this time which I think will help. Fingers crossed, these are the last extractions (until wisdom teeth) that they will need.
Now that they really got a hang of the expanders, tomorrow they get 6 baby teeth pulled - EACH. I'm hoping this will be even easier than the molars they had pulled last year. That wasn't too bad (for me at least) but that was before they really understood what all extractions entailed. Now they remember and, Olivia especially, are nervous about the whole thing. Kevin and I are both going to go this time which I think will help. Fingers crossed, these are the last extractions (until wisdom teeth) that they will need.
| Brave Olivia waiting for the cement to dry on her expanders |
Comments
Post a Comment