Skip to main content

2nd Grade Here We Come!

School starts on Monday for the girls. They are very excited and can't wait to meet their teacher and see all their friends again. When I asked them the other day what they thought about 2nd grade they had very comical responses. Lucy said, "I'm going to need a big backpack because in 2nd grade there is a lot of stuff to bring home". Olivia simply said, "It's going to be easy." They crack me up!

The other funny pre-school occurrence was getting new school shoes. Grandma took them to the Skechers store earlier this week and let them try on and pick whichever pair they wanted. She then sent me this photo for my approval. 


I immediately started laughing just at the flashiness of them and then their expressions. Of course I said yes, how could I squash that sense of fashion?!? They are even more eye-catching in person - especially Olivia's all gold shoes.Lucy chose hers because, of course, they have purple laces. She also likes the lips all over the sides of them. Olivia's are solid gold, sparkles. And both pairs light up on top of all the sparkles already.

We have all of our school supplies, new Frozen backpacks (also from Grandma), new lunchboxes (Frozen and Wonder Woman) and now new shoes. They are all ready to tackle 2nd grade. We are doing our traditional back-to-school celebration dinner Sunday night so I'll have to post pictures of what we decide to do next week. Can't wait to see what this year holds for these amazing, smart and funny girls!

Comments