Since the girls got their new bunk beds that meant we could give Andrew their old bed. It sat in his room for a few weeks until we could get him a mattress but he was very excited about it. He talked about his new big boy bed every night and every morning. Finally it was time for the big switch.
He was so excited to see his bed all made with the new moon sheets, comforter and extra pillows. He had to jump on it and lay on it immediately and then wanted to go get his sisters to show them and let them sit on it. In fact when he went to get the girls and walked them into his room he threw his hands up and said, "dun, dun, da dah!" as if he was presenting something to them. It was pretty cute to watch!
Much to our surprise he had no hesitation about sleeping in his new bed. We did the usual bath, pjs, stories and prayers and then tucked him in and shut the door. He did talk for a few minutes in there and then was out. I thought for sure he would get out of bed and either play or come out visit us. Nope, nothing. Here is how I found him when I went to check before bed.
We kept the crib up for a few weeks mostly to use as a back-up if he did discover the new freedom of his bed during bedtime or naps. We never had to use it though since even in the morning when he wakes up he just yells, "Mama!" until I go in there. I don't think it's occurred to him that he could get up and walk around without me. Just like the girls! So, it seems just like that he is completely a big boy now.
Potty trained and sleeping in his own bed. Now that the girls are back in school he keeps asking when he gets to go to school. I keep reminding him to slow down with this big boy stuff!
He was so excited to see his bed all made with the new moon sheets, comforter and extra pillows. He had to jump on it and lay on it immediately and then wanted to go get his sisters to show them and let them sit on it. In fact when he went to get the girls and walked them into his room he threw his hands up and said, "dun, dun, da dah!" as if he was presenting something to them. It was pretty cute to watch!
Much to our surprise he had no hesitation about sleeping in his new bed. We did the usual bath, pjs, stories and prayers and then tucked him in and shut the door. He did talk for a few minutes in there and then was out. I thought for sure he would get out of bed and either play or come out visit us. Nope, nothing. Here is how I found him when I went to check before bed.
We kept the crib up for a few weeks mostly to use as a back-up if he did discover the new freedom of his bed during bedtime or naps. We never had to use it though since even in the morning when he wakes up he just yells, "Mama!" until I go in there. I don't think it's occurred to him that he could get up and walk around without me. Just like the girls! So, it seems just like that he is completely a big boy now.
Potty trained and sleeping in his own bed. Now that the girls are back in school he keeps asking when he gets to go to school. I keep reminding him to slow down with this big boy stuff!
Comments
Post a Comment