Andrew gave us a pretty good scare the day after Halloween. Long story short, when he woke up in the morning he just laid in bed and kept telling me over and over again, "I'm low on power, Mama. You have to plug me in. My legs have no power." I couldn't make sense of what he meant and Kevin and I both just thought he was tired/being lazy from the excitement of Halloween night. I tried to get him out of bed and promised him some milk to give him more power. As I went to put him on the floor his legs just gave out from under him and he fell to the ground crying out in pain. It got crazy scary fast when we realized he was not being stubborn or lazy and there really was something wrong with his legs. In the end, it ended up being that his legs were sore from walking around trick or treating on Halloween. He would not put any weight on his legs until after his nap and then it was just to briefly stand and he would whimper in pain the whole time. By 6pm he was finally able to stand and walk with a bit of a limp and very slowly. He was much better the next morning, thankfully but it was definitely a scary day. I'm very grateful it was just an extreme reaction to sore muscles and nothing more.
Comments
Post a Comment