Skip to main content

Halloween Festivities

Halloween feels like it was spread out over three weeks and by the time the 31st actually rolled around I think we were a little exhausted. I was, at least.


School Costume Parade







Trunk or Treat

It took some convincing to get Andrew in his costume. He was still against it when we arrived at Trunk or Treat and went out to the field to play games in his regular clothes. Whenever anyone would ask what he was he would say, "I'm Andrew". And so he was. Then he spotted a family with children who were dressed up as the PJ Masks characters (Catboy, Gecko and Owlette) and came straight back to the car all excited to put on his Catboy costume too. Then he was totally into it! He was so proud to be Catboy and even worked up to wearing the mask over his eyes. When the PJ Masks family came to our car later in the evening I called Andrew over since he had been talking about them all night. He was so excited to see Catboy and gave him candy. Gecko he touched on the arm and then when Owlette came up he was laughing and touching her face and the whole time he had the biggest smile on his face. I didn't want to stop watching him to take pictures for fear of missing a second of watching his complete excitement over his friends. It was the absolute sweetest moment of the night and I'm so happy he finally got into the costume. In fact, when we got home that night he cried and threw a huge fit when it was time to take the costume off. I promised to wash it so he could put it on the next morning.














Halloween





Stomach bug


And then after all that excitement we spent the next two weeks passing around a nasty stomach bug. Olivia got it first on Andrew's birthday and suffered all week with a severe stomach ache. Then Andrew got it right when Olivia seemed to be on the mend. Kevin had a few days of an upset stomach but nothing terrible. As soon as Andrew was well, Lucy came down with the most violent version of it yet. Hers was the quickest though, thankfully. By the time everyone was 100% better, it had been a full two weeks (my birthday/election day were stuff in the middle of that). It seems to have gone around all over the local schools and I've heard so many parents and teachers complaining about kids having a stomach bug. I'm so glad to be past all that now that Thanksgiving is quickly approaching.

Comments