Skip to main content

Changes

Looks like 2017 is going to be quite a year for us!

I think I missed posting along the way that Kevin is back in school at Cal Baptist getting his MBA. He started in the Fall and is moving right along through the program. It's one night a week of actual class which isn't bad at all and he manages to get all his reading/writing/studying in without impacting our family time. How he does it I will never know. But I sure am proud of him!

As for me, I left my job at CalAtlantic on Friday and start a new job on Monday at Foremost Companies. It's going to be a huge adjustment after 13 years but it's an amazing opportunity that I'm hopeful will be the growth opportunity I was seeking. I will be the Marketing and Lifestyle Manager working on Terramor. The position will be similar in a lot of ways to what I was doing previously but also present a wide range of new skills, broaden my network and be a challenge that I'm really excited about. Kevin and the kids are really excited for me too so I'm lucky to have such a supportive family so I can pursue this opportunity. Leaving CalAtlantic was the hardest decision I have ever made. Many of my coworkers are more like friends and we've shared so many life experiences together - getting engaged, getting married, having kids etc. As much as I would love to stay with all these people, it was definitely time for a change and I needed to push myself farther than CalAtlantic was able to offer me. Staying would have been settling and I just can't do that to myself or my family. So off to a new adventure on Monday! I'm excited, nervous, happy, scared and every emotion in between. Starting over is hard, especially when you're me and used to a routine, but all I can do is go for it and not look back.

If nothing else hopefully I am an example to the kids to be brave, take risks and be confident in yourself and your abilities.

Comments