Skip to main content

San Diego 4th of July

We spent a few days in San Diego over 4th of July since I had to take my real estate test down there on the 5th anyway. We were looking for an excuse to get to the zoo since Andrew had been asking so it totally worked out.

We went down Monday morning and went straight to the Zoo. Funny Andrew story. So when we told him we were going to go to the zoo he was so excited and said, "I can't wait to go to the zoo! I'm going to ride the animals! The animals love me!" We could not stop laughing and then let him know typically you cannot ride the animals at the zoo. He assured us that the animals at the zoo love it when he rides them and he was going to ride a giraffe.

We had a great day at the zoo. It was  bit crowded but we still got to see a lot in just a few short hours.











The kids loved our hotel mostly for the pool and water slide. It was crowded but we managed to spend a few hours every day hanging out by the pool which was right on the water with a view of the Coronado Bridge. We spent a night down at Seaport Village having dinner and exploring and Kyle, Natalia and Luke met up with us. The kids loved watching the fire breather doing his performance. Andrew was also thrilled with the carousel ride which I pointed out was his chance to ride an animal since he didn't get to at the zoo.



On the 4th we went over to Kyle and Natalia's and met up with Ross, Melissa and Shane for a bbq and playtime for the kids. It was the best, relaxing day catching up with them. 





We headed back to our hotel for fireworks that night and the Big Bay Boom show did not disappoint. We stood right on he water's edge in front of our hotel where we could see 6 different fireworks shows at the same time. It was amazing! I would definitely recommend San Diego fireworks sometime. It was such a fun day!





The next day we had breakfast, checked out of our hotel and I took my test. It was a bit of an ordeal but I finished fast, it was ridiculously easy and I passed so that's all that matters. :)



Comments