Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Fun

Thanksgiving was a much needed week off with the kids where we were able to spend so much time doing fun stuff and just relaxing together. It was probably one of my favorite Thanksgivings just because it was so chill.

Our first outing was to dinner and glow in the dark mini golf. So fun! The kids loved it and none of us minded that Andrew did not take it at all seriously. He would try once and then pick up his ball walk it over to right next to the hole and putt it in. It was quite efficient! The kids keep asking to go back so we'll definitely have to try that again someday.

Another day we went to the movies and saw Coco. It was adorable as every Disney movie is. I just saw that some theaters were showing the movie in Spanish and I was slightly bummed that we didn't go see it in Spanish. But then I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much so oh well. I think I'll still try and find it for them to watch in Spanish in the future.

It was super hot the week of Thanksgiving so we decided to get a change of weather and head to Ice Town for some ice skating. I couldn't skate because I'm too scared of hurting my back so I watched, froze and enjoyed taking pictures. The girls slowly and steadily went around by themselves and each lap around they got better and better. By the end of our session, I was really impressed with how well they were skating! Andrew was a bit more work - for Kevin. He needed to be held/pushed/steadied the entire time which was exhausting for Kevin so Andrew had quite a few breaks watching from the side with me. I think his favorite time was watching the Zamboni clean the ice. He was quite intrigued and wanted to know every detail of what the machine was doing, how it worked and where it was parked. Seriously this kid is all questions all the time! It was such a fun afternoon trying something new and the kids are already asking to go back.






We had a nice Thanksgiving with my parents and sister. We played games, watched the parade and dog show and just hung out enjoying delicious dinner and dessert. Friday was the typical Black Friday shopping day for my mom, sister and I. We also decorated our house for Christmas extra early this year.

Comments