We really were blessed with 2 exceptionally well behaved little girls. I think there's a lot of hype surrounding the "terrible twos" and luckily we haven't seen too much of it (yet). Most people's reaction when hearing we have 2 two year olds immediately focuses on 2 things: potty training and terrible twos. So far we've beaten the odds by successfully potty training (relive that adventure here, here, here and here) and having 2 well behaved toddlers.
Last week my Mom had to help out at Church on one of the days she had the girls. I think the other people were hesitant to hear she was bringing along 2 toddlers but ended up being pleasantly surprised. Here is the email I got later that morning from my Mom. She was so proud of the girls and so are we.
Hi Sarah! You would have been so proud of your little girls at church. I brought along their milk, books and the water board. They sat very quietly while we worked. You could hear them singing Twinkle Twinkle and I heard Olivia reading Brown Bear. All the people just loved them. You and Kevin have done such a wonderful job and I am so proud to take them anywhere. Have a good day!
Now, I know we're not even half way in to them being 2 so there is definitely still time for the tantrums, meltdowns and showdowns. We'd be ever so happy to not have to experience it at all though so we definitely have our fingers crossed! For now, we're just enjoying the joys of our little girls who get more and more independent every day.
Last week my Mom had to help out at Church on one of the days she had the girls. I think the other people were hesitant to hear she was bringing along 2 toddlers but ended up being pleasantly surprised. Here is the email I got later that morning from my Mom. She was so proud of the girls and so are we.
Hi Sarah! You would have been so proud of your little girls at church. I brought along their milk, books and the water board. They sat very quietly while we worked. You could hear them singing Twinkle Twinkle and I heard Olivia reading Brown Bear. All the people just loved them. You and Kevin have done such a wonderful job and I am so proud to take them anywhere. Have a good day!
Now, I know we're not even half way in to them being 2 so there is definitely still time for the tantrums, meltdowns and showdowns. We'd be ever so happy to not have to experience it at all though so we definitely have our fingers crossed! For now, we're just enjoying the joys of our little girls who get more and more independent every day.
Comments
Post a Comment